Monday 20 June 2011

Video Update

FISHERMAN

Last week I spent an interesting evening with local fisherman Rob Doyle down on the river where it runs past the Pump House. I was filming him for the video which will accompany the angler's speech in Room Two.

We spent an hour stalking fish up river and much meditative pondering in silence before Rob finally felt the bite of a fish upon the tiny insect costumed hook. As he called for me to come and film his triumphant moment I lept to my feet and performed the classic trick of pressing the record button without realising, thus stopping the tape rolling. I didn't realise till the next day when watching it back... the footage cuts just after the fish bites and starts again moments after the fish has been thrown back. Then Rob says:

"I guess you've got all you need now?"
"Yeah definitely, that's great"




Luckily actual footage of a fish being caught wasn't in my plans for the film so it's not such a great loss although I'm sure Rob will be disappointed not to see it when he comes to the performance.

The shots above are straight from the tape I recorded and haven't been treated yet. I will probably use only a few moments from the evening so I hope no one is expecting an instructive fishing film...


MUSEUM PROJECTIONS

Developing the video projections for the Museum in Room one. Although I'll now be projecting on to the off-white partition wall in the middle of the room I intend to maintain the cropping which made the video clips fit to the rectangular panels of the green control panel wall. Hopefully it should echo the patterns and lines of the control panel whilst acting as the museum video wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment